1. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (first off, points for the awesome author name!). This book is a really cute romance novel about first love. I've read a lot of reviews saying it was amazing, so I'm excited to read it.
2. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I have wanted to read this ever since the movie came out (I haven't seen it yet). It has such an awesome premise and I just adore supernatural novels, so this definitely deserves a place on this list.
3. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. This just sounds like such an interesting adventure story. Also, it may be a tearjerker (oddly enough, this wins it extra points) because of the whole 9/11 thing. I can't wait to read this one.
4. The Blood of the Lamb by Peter De Vries. This was put on my list after I saw a video in which John Green related it to his book The Fault in our Stars because it also includes a girl living with cancer. I absolutely loved TFiOS, so hopefully this will deliver.
5. The Bar Code Tattoo by Suzanne Weyn. This has been on my to-read book for, quite literally, forever. I am totally intrigued by the idea of bar code tattoos and how society really only thinks of each person as a number. The fact that everyone needs to have one makes it really interesting. I also love dystopian novels, so yeah.
6. Intrusion by Ken MacLeod. I want to read this book for the same reasons as The Bar Code Tattoo. I just love dystopian novels. This book revolves around the idea that there is a pill that can reverse genetic defects in children while they are still unborn, but a mother refuses to take the pill. The question arises of whether or not she is neglecting the child or not.
Let me know in the comments what books are on your Christmas wishlist / must read list!